Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Belong To The Night - Forever

Hmm, in between some other stuff, I've left it too late to buy a ticket for two different things I had in my plans. In one case I would definitely have gone, in the other it was always a question of justifying the highest sum I'd have paid for a gig in ages, and that's without the petrol bill. The difficulty of juggling things around has become significantly clearer, and it's not like there aren't a dozen tickets already in hand for various shows over the next few months anyway. On the other hand, it seals a decision for something else I was half-wondering whether I would not bother with, but now will be going to. And especially in the light of a few days' working from home where such things as normal office dress code don't exist, I'm also facing how to deal with the temptation to spend what now represents itself as a windfall, even though it is nothing of the kind, on clothes I'll never get the full wear out of, and highly impractical shoes. I dare say I'll live, but that won't stop me also hoping for another band (that I now won't be seeing) to get the reformation fever thing, that turns one gig into the odd few!

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_