Friday, July 13, 2007

Jollity And Frivolity

It's been a funny couple of days, with a brief run of stuff not working quite the way it was supposed to. But there's no better antidote than a burst of frivolity, and anyway I've had my eye out for shoes for a little while.



I'm well aware that the fashion police may feel entitled to express an opinion, but in the context of trying to break out of a habit of plain black shoes best characterised as aiming for smartness and sobriety, I'm more than overdue for something a bit more frivolous. And besides, the blue colour will work fine with my summery turquoise skirt and the purple colour goes with my purple dress, so it's not as if there's nothing they'll go with. Having seen them on the website, for once I was pleased to find them also in stock in my size. I'm pretty sure this is a first of me asking for the partner shoe to go with the one that was on the shelf. Picking my moment when there wasn't already a huge queue, with a slight shortage of staff and several people also wanting to be served, there was still a small audience by the time I was asked by someone half my age if I wanted to try them on. Which for some reason remains one of the funniest things I've heard all week. Despite the smirk from her colleague, and it being a fair bet the question came purely out of habit, there's something faintly touching about being treated as any other customer would be, and equally it's no bad thing to have felt entirely comfortable with simply answering in the negative rather than with protesting too much that they weren't for me or some other equally transparent lie. And so I now have colourful new shoes that I like.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Fantastic shoes, uber!

Don't lose touch, please x
 
Thanks, all I need now is a bag to go with the shoes!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_