Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What Goes With The Blue Skirt?



Imperfect photos notwithstanding, this is the dilemma - what colour top goes with the skirt? The skirt has a split from the the top left of the diagonal hem of the brighter blue, so it flicks about nicely when I walk, and those are the shoes I would almost certainly wear with it. It occurred to me when I was taking pictures of the shoes that a top in those multiple blue stripes would not be horrific, but equally you can see that the black of the shoes works with the blue too. And I do already have a suitable black top I like. And that's before I realised I have a lovely dress I've never worn that would probably suit the occasion...

Labels: ,


Comments:
That's such a pretty skirt. I think quite a few things with go with it eg other blues, bluey-green watery type colours or pretty paleish purples. You can probably get away with pretty much any colour provided it's a matching light fabric and doesn't clash with your skintone I think.
 
I have to agree about the shoes, I think Princess, and the black top. I think something more tonal might be the best way to go.

Oddly though, a top in those colours would work well with a black skirt, and then the shoes would go too.

I think.

Mind you, I'm crap when it comes to co-ordination, I'm really the last person anyone should ask.
 
Thanks for all your thoughts.

I've had the skirt a couple of years and I like it a lot but somehow I've never worn it due to the lack of knowing what to put with it.

One of the things I like about it is that it's a bit less formal than my normal style, and likewise the shoes are the most casual that I have.

If I was already completely convinced that they work together, I wouldn't be asking the question, so you've probably confirmed what I suspected. At least since my dress realisation I'm not planning on needing to wear it any time soon.

Back to the shops it is! More likely to end up buying something else entirely, but you never know.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_