Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back On My Seat Again

One of the many benefits of a season ticket is knowing exactly where you're going. Unusually for us, the team shows the odd sign of knowing where it's going too, and from day one. Without a points deduction there's a temptation to start to ignore the lessons of many, many years and just this once to believe in a bright successful future, but one game at a time. The commencement of the fixture list gives my life a little more structure too, and a framework around which to consider my forthcoming gigs. After a brief period in which I've either been out of the country or the summer festival season has meant a certain dearth of accessible and suitably appealing things to go to. Which is perhaps not such a bad thing as it simply isn't possible to do everything, but I'm back on the ticket-buying trail and gradually rebuilding the other stuff which isn't dependent on being in work or not. Having places to go and things to do ain't a bad plan and I need to get out more anyway.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_