Monday, July 06, 2009

Out Of Season*

So, fixtures have been out for weeks, the speedway GP has come and gone like a Scott Nicholls punch on the chin of a full-face helmet, my garden's been subject to a bit of hack and slash, and we're nearly back to normal. My diary shows I might possibly have two free weekends between here and October, and the brief pre-season burst of enthusiasm will soon be swept away. Just once I'd like to see us win our first two or three games and top the table, but it'll be a relief just to start the season on zero points. Meanwhile I'm still chasing airline staff to get a definitive view on who is going to own up to losing my luggage so I can get my insurance to do something about paying out for the urgent and ongoing replacement of things I already own but have had lost for me. It would be foolish at best to name any names at this point, but there's one airline whose customer service has been highly impressive even if they can't really help, and one whose efforts I'm rather less impressed by. So for now what should have been a highly memorable, one-off trip is book-ended by bereavement and the inordinate hassle of chasing what ought to be a fairly straightforward process to claim for my lost luggage, and a definite disinclination towards using a certain airline in the future. We'll see what happens, but it's hardly the ideal background to the ongoing redundancy shenanigans, which have already seen my departure delayed for one extension, and further developments of that sort are not out of the question. Not really what you'd called settled conditions! * Out Of Season is a song by REO Speedwagon, and an entirely different one by The Icicle Works - take your pick depending on taste and credibility concerns!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_