Monday, June 08, 2009

An Accordion From Italy That Had Never Played A Tune

I guess it's no stranger than going for a Chinese or an Indian in
western europe, but coming this far round the globe to end up in a
restaurant called "Italianni's" still feels a little questionable.
Especially to the sound of "buona sera, I'm your waiter and my name is
Ken..."

Then again, I only ended up there on my way back from the local M&S to
see if they had any food, so who is the joke on now? It amused me
greatly to see the minimal amount of stock in M&S includes more than
one pair of pretty shoes that I have back home, and I think they were
made in Vietnam so they have travelled rather less far to get here
than me.

* a line from Mick Thomas' song The Cap Me Granda Wore, a song about
faux "Irish" pubs, and the paraphernalia of Irishry.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_