Saturday, January 10, 2009

...as you mean to go on

This evening should have been the first entry in this year's list of gigs. As it is, an unusual outbreak of sense meant that this afternoon's game was called off as early as yesterday, so my plans were changed for me. Which is much much better than getting most of the way there, and only then finding out the game is off. I placed an order for three different gig tickets a couple of weeks before xmas, and by the time the envelope turned up in the xmas post, the first ticket was already a week late for the event. Today's was the second of those, and given the choice between writing off a ticket with the face value of £4 or spending an extra £20 to get there, I'll settle instead for spending an extra £5 to go and see The Voluntary Butler Scheme when he is rather closer to home in a couple of weeks. Just one of the occasional risks of buying tickets for somewhere I should be passing through on my way home from somewhere else, I guess, and it doesn't happen very often. The third of those tickets is for a gig in april - place your bets now on whether you reckon I will complete the set of three failures to attend!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_