Saturday, May 17, 2008

Feeling The Pace

The last weekend I stayed at home all weekend was about three months ago. The last time I had two weekends at home one after the other was last July, and it doesn't need too much genius to connect this with the fact the football season runs from August to May. This weekend has seen my first trip in anger to the holy land of Ikea, helped with an understanding that finding the shortcuts around the place is an important way to save an hour or two. My wisdom didn't stretch to waiting till this morning to try following the assembly instructions though, but I got frustrated and left that alone soon enough. In between re-arranging my furniture and making a start on switching from a floor-based storage regime to something a bit more sensible, I've still got nowhere near catching up on sleep, but I do seem to be gradually inching towards a house that looks like someone lives in it rather than a junk shop storage area. It's not going to happen overnight, and nor is getting enough rest. Something tells me I need to slow down a little. Of course the good thing about self-indulgent posts like this is how it highlights just how little I have to complain about, compared with millions of people in Zimbabwe, Burma and China, to take some not very random examples.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_