Friday, February 29, 2008

Last Time Around*

Oh my word - I've just seen something that's made my day. I've droned on at length before about having had the good fortune to see virtually every band I've ever wanted to see by now, but every now and then something pops up that I always considered unlikely bordering on impossible. But I'm extremely excited to find that to coincide with the UK release of a best of album, I'm going to get to see the truly fabulous Jason And The Scorchers. They split up first time around the start of the 1990s, and though I've seen Jason on his own two or three times, and indeed had a couple of chats with him as he is a lovely friendly approachable chap, the idea of getting to see the full live band is something else. I just hope Perry, who has been several grades of seriously ill for quite some time, remains in good enough health that it doesn't turn into a memorial tour. See for yourself the young Scorchers in all their early 80s fashion crime glory, with their treatment of Dylan's Absolutely Sweet Marie, squealing guitars and all. * Last Time Around, opening track of the 1984 Jason And the Scorchers debut album, Lost And Found

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_