Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sale Season

Funny, I remember when the January sales actually had something to do with January rather than being rushed through from Boxing Day onwards. Then again, I was on the website of a certain major High Street name, looking at the sale stock in the early hours of Christmas Day, so the truth of 'if you build it, they will come' seems to speak for itself. Having found a good haul of stuff in that sale, I wasn't so impressed to find they couldn't actually cope with getting the delivery bit right, and not for the first time. This evening I had an email reply to my letter of complaint, which was a pretty mealy-mouthed apology, so it remains to be seen if I buy more stuff there. Can't imagine why business are putting out profits warnings left, right and centre when they struggle to get stuff to their paying customers! On friday I made a late sale gamble purchase, and today I've done something I'm certain I haven't done in a very long time. Despite the provisions of the Sale Of Goods Act, I'm either very good at doing my research first, or notoriously poor at insisting on my 'rights'. So I'm quietly pleased that having bought a jacket that I really liked but then found that the extra large turns out to equate to a small size 14*, I took it back and got the refund that the shop's terms of sale entitle me to. Then I went and looked for something else that I'd seen, only to find that there wasn't one of those in my size left either, but I did finally find the sort of belt I've been looking for in New Look. Now, having been reading someone's complaints about shops which look and sound more like discos - in the case of New Look, which does of course exist for fashionable teenagers and twenty year olds, it's no surprise it sounds like a disco. No more shopping now for a bit. Fingers crossed! * Go on, guess where!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_