Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tales From The Road

Keeping up to date everywhere isn't something I've managed, and flickr is a bit ahead of this, so that'll tell you more about where I've been. Just about to head out the door for two of the last three gigs, and then I'll be home to hibernate through the rubbish telly season. The next one I've not got to yet has a complicated tale of shifting travel arrangements, which got changed for the final time just before I left. Having reason to go to TCR to pick up another ticket for next April and so avoid yet more outrageous "booking fees", I treated myself to a walk along Oxford Street for the full seasonal shopping nightmare experience. I made a brief stop to take a quick tour of Selfridges acreage of cosmetics counters, somewhere I've never been before and blow me if that wasn't an eye-opener of the kid being given the keys to the sweets warehouse experience. Then I did what anyone sensible would do in the circumstances, and walked out to Shepherds Bush. It amused me greatly to walk in to find the fantastic Duke Special album being played, and Jake came on and did a few acoustic numbers - Butterfly Wings is just beautiful, and some of the other stuff lends itself to that stripped back style really well. I ran into someone I e-know just before My Life Story came on, to comedic non-recognising effect, and then we watched another storming set of fabulous shiny pop music, with strings and brass and all manner of wonders. Especially Jake's shiny silver suit, and his high kicks. On the offchance a certain someone who was on the left side of the balcony reads this, I have two words - 'sports bra'. My Life Story provide the sort of uplifitng pop experience that should be on the national curriculum, or available on the national health or something, and the only down side for me was not being able to be there with the friend in whose company I've seen them previously. I guess it's true what they say, you can't uneat the apple, but I still want to say thank you. And thanks to Jake and band for another great show. Jake and stool.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_