Thursday, August 23, 2007

"I've added you as a friend on Facebook..."

Nah, of course I haven't. But that's the title of the email you get when someone does that, I've discovered. It's a curious thing, the shift in technology trends at any one point, half the blogs I'm still linked to are no longer being updated, and haven't been for some time. Some people moved from blogs to myspace, some no doubt from myspace to bebo, to facebook and a few other places besides. I've watched most of these changes, and pretty much all I see is that I'm happy where I am. Myspace I find intrusive, especially on sites with a lot of graphic content where you get no choice but to have music playing for the fifteen seconds it takes for the page to load sufficiently that you can get to the control to stop it, and facebook's firstname+lastname basis has obvious drawbacks that I'm not about to entertain. And in any case, I've been easily findable on that basis for about the last six years through what was probably the first majorly popular social (re)networking site. This is my three hundred and sixty-somethingth post in less than three years, which works out at a post every three days, more or less. I'm entirely happy with that, as it is the text based commentary that works for me. While I've got the other options of flickr for still photography content, and youtube for the limited moving content I've produced, I think I've got everything covered. At the same time, I'm still a sucker for conspiracy and stunts of all kinds, and here's one that's come my way today. It's a neat, jaunty little pop song from Rhodri Marsden and The Schema that's instantly gone flying up the youtube watching charts, and you never know I might even splash the cash to buy the single. I've certainly sat through worse, and the DIY independence gives it an additional allure you don't get every day.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments:
I love it!

I'm so unadventurous when it comes to youtube. I stick to same old same old so it's good to have recommendations.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_