Friday, July 27, 2007

Not An Entry

I guess that for some people, turning up to a gig to find it was sold out might be a disappointment. For the first solo material gig within an hour of where I live in just over eight years, I was looking forward to the novelty of getting home before midnight, though I wasn't expecting to be home again by 8.30. No matter, last time there were barely two dozen people there, and I can live with the idea that a packed and storming gig tonight might possibly convince local promoters that more local shows is something that it would be worth their while to put on. There are another two shows within an hour in the pipeline, and I can wait a little longer for the hundredth time of seeing Miles live (as one of six different acts over the last twenty years). And anyway, I did make it to the more important gig less than two months ago, a home town charity show for a very good cause. A worthy gesture, and a great gig, and although this shot from that night doesn't quite demonstrate how hot the place was, it's certainly representative of a good time.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_