Saturday, June 23, 2007

Celebration Day

I spend a lot of time and petrol going to see bands, often because I've never seen them before and want to find out for myself, but every now and then something pops up when I'm going through venue listings that's less a must see, and more a 'that might be interesting' job. Due to a combination of factors of timing and location, that's how I came to see Robert Plant again. Can't say I'm a big fan so much as an admirer of his work, though some way back in the mists of time I saw what was one of his first instances of being on the same stage as Jimmy Page since Led Zep, so the chance to see a gig for its own sake rather than because I'm desperate to hear stuff from the new album or whatever looked a good idea when I didn't have somewhere else I needed to be. Obviously that on its own would be too simple, so the arrival of payday and my current interest in shopping for jewellery and my shiny new blunt ended haircut meant that combining a pair of jeans I've had for many years with a top that's not been worn out yet seemed a really good idea. Being delayed getting home to get ready and struggling to find the venue when I got there meant it was more a case of getting on with it than instead of having time to think too hard about it, so that was no bad thing. And sure I got a couple of looks from people though that's nothing new, but the woman at the bar and the bar staff were lovely. I got the latest Plant album a few weeks ago, so I was more familiar with the newer material than I might have been, and the mix of old and new songs and was about right, and Robert was on great form, and what he had to say about the world we live in was spot on too, so I'd thoroughly recommend it if you get the chance. In a jam-packed venue, it was no surprise that a little sweating was inevitable, but here's the top, my new necklace and bracelet, and how much make up I needed to get out of the house in the first place - most of it was still where it was supposed to be when I got home!

Labels: ,


Comments:
I used to have quite a crush on old RP way back when. Suppose he still has his long rock star hair. Not a good look on anyone over 40 imo. Good to hear that he is still on form though.
 
His hair's currently around somewhere between collar-length and shoulder-length, but more importantly his voice is absolutely spot on.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_