Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This Is The Modern World

I've just received an email that's made my day, from a musician in a band I saw live a number of times back in the early/mid 1990s. Our paths crossed several times, in fact I'm fairly sure it was his girlfriend we got into a sold out show when we had a spare ticket having been lucky enough to be put on the guest list as well, but in any case it's all rather a long time ago. Which is why it amuses me greatly for him to say he remembers me. More importantly, he's also given me some information on which website I can get his newest band/project's album from even though it's only available by retail in the States, so that's already been ordered. Given that they are playing in Philadelphia tonight, it's fair to say that in the old world there would be no chance whatsoever of me tracking down this information without stumbling across it at random somewhere, and it's a fine example of how the ever-changing modern world of technology can be a source for good. And in the meantime, if you wonder exactly what flavour of multi-harmony country rock has brought me to this post, you can click on the title of this post and check out some tracks on myspace if you feel so inclined.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_