Friday, March 09, 2007

Technical Ecstasy (Not Quite)

In the time since my last post on the subject, I've managed to get to
grips with shooting video on the bike, got myself a youtube account
(see below) and managed to rule out the possibility of
doing any more (non-handheld) bike video with my proper camera. No big
deal, and no bad thing when the mini video camera I have in mind is
suitably weatherproof in a way my camera certainly isn't. I've already
achieved what I wanted, namely to work out whether it's possible to
produce onboard footage that'll be discarded 90% of the time, and for
the remaining 10% to be of sufficient quality to be worth sharing.

As I also mentioned, my bargain heart rate monitor watch is providing
lots of fun and opportunities to monitor what effects exercise is
having, and now I know what I'll be doing with my holiday this year
that's of more than academic interest. I was wondering if it was going
to be an extravagance, but it's turned into one of those things I now
wonder how I ever did without. Time will tell what difference a bit
more exercise and training makes, but even if there's no big
improvement it's a good start to know exactly where I am.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_