Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Time Passages

I have a sometimes difficult relationship with the clock, though I've become less bothered about it as I've got older. All the same, while it's true that getting stressed isn't going to get me anywhere any quicker, there's a good case to be made for trying a bit harder to leave on time rather than be quite so casual about it. It's a good job that we have a relatively flexible timing regime at work, as even with only the occasional mechanical difficulty or puncture on the way in, I'd be in trouble soon enough. My days of clocking on are many years behind me, I'm happy to say, but they're not forgotten. Against this background, I'm pleased to note that six of the last seven working days have seen me either already inside or walking into the building by the time that is supposed to be my latest start. Sure, there are plenty more important things in the world to worry about, but I'm aware of the truth of the link between disturbed sleep and disturbed mental hygiene, so to be in a state where it all seems to be working out is a good sign. And/or a sign of no early hours drives home from gigs of late! In other time related news, as I key this in I am aware of living through the 20th anniversary of something both unremarkable and of huge personal significance. And while it's pretty irrelevant, it's a good example of how some dates throw themselves out of the calendar at me without any effort on my part. It can be hard work carrying such a weight of history around with me at times, but at least I'm in no doubt about where I come from.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_