Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Expectations Exceeded

I'm a couple of days behind, but with three gigs in the last five nights it's not all that surprising. Saturday was an excellent day topped off by seeing Tigertailz for the first time in a very long time, making them one of a very select group of acts I've seen in the '80s, '90s and '00s. I enjoyed their cartoon metal very much, and it was a fitting finale when the support act Dressed To Kill - a KISS tribute act I've seen and probably blogged about before - came out for the final track Love Bomb Baby. With the pleasingly confusing visual spectacle of 'Gene', 'Paul', 'Ace' and 'Peter' stomping about the stage and gesturing at the crowd, as seen below. Get well soon Pepsi Tate.










Last night I saw another band that I've seen before, and I'll come back to that tomorrow if I get the time, it's a lengthy and not entirely music-based story. It's not an everyday event that I leave a gig with a huge smile beaming across my face, so well done The Hussy's (their apostrophe - don't shoot me) for putting their all into the half a dozen songs they'd travelled a long way to play. We Expected is my new favourite song, and the lack of second support band meant I was in the 24 hour supermarket on my way home by 10.30 and home before 11. Result!
Comments:
You're not a lady
You're a love bomb baby
Love bomb baby come and take me away.

(Or something like that - it's a while since I've heard it)
 
Almost* exactly like that - well remembered!




* 'blow', not 'take', for what little difference it makes
 
One of my friends really fancied Stevie Jaimz and Pepsi - she used to play the album constantly.

*has flashback to being 16year old glam rock chick*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_