Sunday, December 31, 2006

Holiday (It Would Be So Nice)

The good news is that I appear to be free of my digestive troubles, and gradually finding my appetite again. Less pleasurable is being surrounded by several days' worth of food I couldn't eat, with the added amusement value of my newfound interest in domestic hygiene that appears to be taking over from my traditionally flexible approach to use by dates and the like. The kitchen's a lot cleaner, that much is definitely true! The period between Christmas and new year has been a staple holiday time for me for many years, so not getting away for the first time in over a decade has been a little frustrating, especially so as I had already started packing and as yet haven't unpacked in the hope I would wake up in a fit state to go. No real harm done, it's not like I was going especially far, or had any bookings to cancel and I have achieved quite a bit around the house in between episodes of difficulty, though there's a certain inevitability about that if you don't leave the house for 72 hours straight, just for the sake of combating boredom. All the same, I can't say it's been much other than a pretty good year - I finally got to see Journey after all, not to mention Robbie Fulks, Jonathan Richman, Robyn Hitchcock and The Icicle Works who've all been on my wishlist for some time. And of course I've managed to visit a few places and do a few other things that had either never come up at the the right time or remained undone for some other reason, so I have little cause for complaint. For the next year, it seems appropriate that eating more healthily should be on the agenda and maybe this will be the year where my iron grip on my finances finally sees me in the black - time will tell. I wish you well in whatever you hope for yourself for the coming twelve months, and the right mix of peacefulness and riotousness to suit your tastes for what's left of the party season.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_