Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Going Down Town Where There's Music

This evening I went to see Richard Hawley, in a not widely publicised free show. I'm not a particular fan, but he has come to my attention and people I know have been impressed, and anyway, a free show's a free show and it's a long time since I was in a proper recording show. Lest I give the wrong impression, I'm anything but on the inside of any aspect of the music industry, I'm just a very keen consumer who's been at it long enough to see most things. Which is one reason why despite having been listening to the Hawley albums for the last few weeks ever since this gig came up, it's nice to walk away from a show with someone new to be particularly interested in. It's also nice to walk away after studio quality sound, and at a volume level just loud enough to be impressive without damaging the hearing or distorting the music. I enjoyed it a lot, and got to play with various camera settings that I'm still not quite used to too. Top night out!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_