Sunday, October 29, 2006

Just What All The Fuss Is All About

Ask me which bands I have not seen and still want to see, and it's a very short list. But every so often, something hugely appealing comes up, either because of my own research or because someone tips me off to something I might otherwise have missed. This year I have seen a number of people that for one reason or another I'd never had cross my path at the right time, and the newest addition to that number is The Icicle Works. There were a couple of things they released in 1986 which just reached through my natural trad rock influences to become among the first singles I ever bought when they were a new and current release rather than some sort of back catalogue antique. I don't believe that they really registered with me much beyond those four vinyl singles from twenty years ago until I started looking for the hard to find CDs of their albums three or four years ago. All the same, the news of half a dozen shows under the Icicle Works name for the first time in many years was enough to see me on my travels again, and boy was it worth it. They were excellent, and I very much enjoyed the show.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_