Monday, September 11, 2006

Something I Must Tell You

This evening I went to see Aberfeldy, having been hooked by the single Love Is An Arrow last year - it's tremendous to see a band who are clearly having a great time on stage, and with an average of two instruments per band member there's a varied musical palette being used. Even if fully five of those instruments are being played by the same person at various points in the set. It's been a summer blessed with boy-girl harmony vocals, from Captain, latterly from Camera Obscura, and now from Aberfeldy. I've seen Captain, and though they were great they slightly lack the musical diversity and the bunch of people arsing about for their own amusement vibe, so I have no hesitation in wholeheartedly recommending Aberfeldy for all your uplifting, joyous pop requirements. And I defy you to listen to them without smiling, frankly. I know I can't.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_