Saturday, September 02, 2006

Road To Nowhere

Well, that was a surprise. This afternoon I spent nearly three hours doing a little over a third of my normal journey to the match. The whole journey takes about three hours on average, and the combination of busy motorways, roadworks, driving rain and horrific quantities of spray meant that my best estimate was turning up just about in time for the start of the second half. Or about now, in fact. So it was a sensible move to turn round where I did, and at least get back just in time to hear the kick-off on the web. And naturally enough it's turning out to be a remarkably eventful game. Last time I missed a game I should have been at we won 5-1, so if that's how it turns out I'd settle for that. But I'm not holding my breath. * I hope to do a bit of catching up with postings here in the next couple of days.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_