Sunday, September 10, 2006

Onward And Upwards

Well, that was indeed another day, and no less eventful. The combined miracles of steroids and fish mean that there's a cat who appears to have at least one life left yet, and the improvement over a very short length of time is a joy to behold. I must say a bit more about Sean O'Driscoll though - in the modern era, virtually nobody sticks with the same football club for this sort of length of time. Ever since the game had millions invested from television companies, and got infested with agents desperate to cream off their ten per cent, there has been an increasing pressure on players to move up the pay ladder, and managers have been under increasing pressure to produce results. The first game I went to was before Sean's first, just, and I reckon I've probably seen close to half of his games is the manager's seat, so I feel qualified to comment. You can find plenty of complaints about anything and anyone, but in circumstances that have seen the club lurch from one crisis to another, he has all but worked miracles, and I have nothing to say except thanks and good luck. It's been a little while since I had a gig to race towards in an amount of time barely enough for the journey. So it was no surprise to turn up to a show that had already started and with people sat in every seat in the venue, I made the best of standing at the back out of the way. After an enjoyable night and a thankfully short trip home, I could have slept for a week!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_