Sunday, September 03, 2006

Catching Up - Beautiful Days

A couple of weeks ago I was at the Levellers' Beautiful Days festival. Last year I went just for the one day to see one particular band, and got the added bonus of The Posies on blinding form. The experience reminded me that I hadn't been to a festival where I'd camped for quite some time - since 1994, in fact - and that maybe I was due for another go at that particular experience. As it has turned out I've been to several outdoor gigs this summer, and Beautiful Days to finish off the summer was a nice way to leave it. Here are a couple pictures that give something of an impression of the place - the rainbow was a nice touch, and as an event it's just the right size to be big enough but small enough that you can walk from one side of the side to the other in fifteen minutes. And given the complaints at some festivals it has much to be said for it. Even if the density of tents was a bit higher than it had been elsewhere, earlier this year.
The title link is to the details of the closing part of the festival - the idea of the final evening's festivities being a Masked Ball is a neat one that twists things to leave people on the right side of the line between paying punter and participant. While I was unable to track down a suitably voluminous ballgown in the right shade to go with my green wellies, which turned out very much a necessity as the weather was slightly less baking than it had been at Guilfest, I did manage to team them with my green Primark wrap dress and a sparkly green mask. So you can see what difference a razor and a handbag full of cosmetics can make below - I blame the first bottle of wine for any imperfections documented here!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_