Thursday, August 24, 2006

Song Without An End

In the early hours of this morning, one of my favourite bands was interviewed on the radio, and did a couple of live songs. And I'm slightly surprised at the glee I felt at having my pre-emailed question put to the band on air - seems there's some things that don't get outgrown easily. On which note, over the course of the weekend just gone (of which more later) I ran into someone I know who has both played and sung in his own band, and worked and toured with a fair number of other bands - in short, someone who has had significant exposure to the business of making music from the inside as well as the outside level fo the paying punter. He was working at the event I was at, and enthusiastic and excited as hell about getting to work with someone whose music he's very fond of. So I'm pleased to see it is possible to maintain one's levels of enthusiasm and interest when it might be easy to become a bit jaded over time.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_