Thursday, August 03, 2006

L'Esprit D'Escalier (part two)

Having been the subject of a minor assault on my way home - no real harm done, just some damage to my bike which it is not beyond my wit to fix though I could live without it - I'm once again in the psychological realm of being just a tiny bit torn between wishing I'd done something that would have left me feeling a little more like it hadn't been all one-sided, and predominantly thankful that I neither respond well nor in kind to intimidation or physical violence. Though there is no prospect that anything will come of it, the police have been informed, and now that the adrenaline is wearing off I just want to fix up my bike and put it behind me. But I'm damn sure I'll be riding home through the same place at the same time tomorrow, it takes more than that to put me off going about my business. I gave up being bullied a long time ago.
Comments:
I hope you're ok. I went out on a tandem t'other day and witnessed first hand the stupidity and agression of motorists.
 
Thanks, I'm fine. I'm happy enough with motorists as they are (sadly) largely predictable beasts, even in their unpredictability, but this was a not quite brief enough encounter with a different kind of animal.

On the upside, and there has to be an upside, a couple of hours' work later and my bike is in the finest fettle it has known for a few months.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_