Saturday, July 01, 2006

Waiting For My Man

This post comes with a nervous knot in the stomach, a feeling some people may be experiencing prior to this afternoon's important football game, but significantly less for that reason in my case. even if there is a tiny bit of that too. Last week I ordered a new dress and handbag off the web; the dress was never in stock in the nearest shops in the colour I wanted, and the only one of the bag went by the time I went back for it - for once this is not a case of shopping by proxy to avoid the facing till staff, and I really would much rather have done my own shopping and brought the stuff home with me then. As it is, I'm sat here somewhere in the middle of an eleven hour delivery-times-can-not-be-guaranteed window, unable to go out and get a paper, nor concentrate on much else. And why does it matter? Well, I've preferred to pay the extra to get a delivery on a chosen day so I can avoid the delivery going to a neighbour thing. And then through a fairly rare combination of factors, my aim is/was to go out in my new dress this evening. The specific details that make this a good evening for it are of lesser importance, there are hours to go yet, they have my number so the driver can ring up if there's trouble finding me - always possible, it's one of those difficult kinds of address - but in the meantime I'm jumping up every time I hear a diesel engine outside. To be continued...
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_