Thursday, July 20, 2006

Foundation Course

I've always gone for the pick up and pay approach when it comes to buying make up, which sounds rather limiting but does hone the judgement somewhat. Even if I've ended up with some completely unsuitable things, I do get it right a lot more than I get it wrong.

But there are some things like foundation where it's much harder to get right, and at the moment there's some old stock getting shifted at a reduced price due to a recent rebranding exercise. The good point for me about this is that the sale stock is just sat on a shelf elsewhere in the shop rather than on a salesperson attended counter.

It's true of all kinds of things that I much prefer to take my time over looking for myself, and it's rare that my answer to 'can I help you?' is an affirmative one, so on the odd occasion I can get to the sale stock shelf without having a crowd of other people around it, I do find that to be a much easier way to get a look at what's on offer. And not just because the shop I'm talking about is less than five minutes' walk away from my place of work.

I think today must be the first time I've used a tester product of any kind, and while I've established that that particular shade is a bit too yellow for me, both in artificial and natural daylight, it's a step in the right direction.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_