Thursday, June 22, 2006

All At Sea

Got my prints back from the weekend. Once I'd got into the sea I went through three dozen frames in about ten minutes, partly because I wasn't sure what I was going to get out of it, and the primary aim was experimentation in any case. I'm usually very careful with stuff, but I am prone to using things to destruction - if you look at some of the prints you can see there are scratches on the negatives, and that's a sign of how hard my cameras get used; for that very reason I tend to have cheap but decent stuff rather than expensive, high quality items that I'd be afraid to take out of the house. Here you can see my legs in my cheap supermarket wetsuit and the sea, taken with a 'water-resistant' camera which I got off ebay for under twenty quid. And you can also see what it looks like when you've got two foot of breaking wave just in front of your face - probably not the place to be worrying about getting a camera wet!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_