Thursday, May 04, 2006

This post comes from the twilight zone somewhere between not enough sleep and the post-dentistry period where anaesthetic is wearing off and the facial nerves don't quite know where they are.

It's funny how very little things can have disproportional effects - on the back of one of my top front teeth there's a little spur of tooth that was used as the point of contact on my brace when I was thirteen, and of course nobody knows it's there but I've become very used to it.

And it's not just the sleep deficit and the anaesthetic injection that's making me feel a bit iffy about the fact that there's now filling material piled over it. Suddenly I'm realising how much I'm used to resting the tip of my tongue on it when I'm thinking, among other things.

It's hardly a problem, it's just change and the nature of life is change so there's really nothing too exciting about it. It's just that some changes come out of nowhere and momentarily loom into close focus.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_