Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Somewhere In The City

In the early hours of this morning I got back from the Big City, having seen the triumphant return of My Life Story to the stage, and enjoyed the experience of cycling and drving in the capital's traffic; it has been a very long time since I drove inside the North Circular, and I won't be upset if the next time is as long away again. I'm no stranger to riding in traffic, and it doesn't hugely bother me, but driver behaviour where the average motor speed is 6mph is unsurprisingly desperate - the chances taken, the driving through red lights at will, the forcing oneself out into static traffic with no regard to impeding all other traffic and bringing everything to a halt is staggeringly widespread. That gridlock is not a daily occurrence can only be down to the patient few. As a one-off it was an amusing and educational diversion, but I'm at a loss to understand how anyone can live with that on a daily basis. Especially when alternative options exist that make this sort of sight a regular alternative to the back end of the non-moving car in front.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_