Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Counting Chicken

At this time tomorrow I shall be getting into my car for the long drive home, with one more gig under my belt and I'll deal with that then and not before. But with the help of round numbers I've realised just how quickly things can move; I've just added my 150th picture to flickr, and now I'm just short of 1,500 pictures taken in the first month with my new digital camera. I'm finding there's a whole different way of taking pictures going on - where before I'd be looking for the picture and only using the film when I really thought I might have something, now it's more a question of looking for the potential picture and taking a dozen shots regardless. The results are more instant than waiting several days for a film to come back from the lab, and if it's not quite right it is easy to re-shoot from a different angle, and there's a lot to be said for that. And of course it comes with its own set of storage, cataloguing and organisation problems, and you can guess how readily my organisational side has taken to that!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_