Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Style Restyled

For the last few days I've had the twin roles of sharing the dubious benefits of my hospitality and tour guide skills, and being the beneficiary of some style advice that is long overdue. It's fair to say that in recent times my appreciation of what suits me, and what I can get away with and still feel comfortable in has shifted a little - I nearly got rid of some stuff a little while back but knowing that this opportunity was coming I kept most of it so I could subject my thinking to someone else's scrutiny.

It was pretty satisfying then to find those hard-won conclusions being agreed with. As a result, my wardrobe has been thoroughly assessed, and there are a few things set to be disposed of. And having identified what didn't work, the next step was a quick wander around the shops looking at stuff together, and an afternoon of someone enjoying the liberty of targeted shopping spending someone else's money.

That seemed to work out as fun on both sides, and with that and a later spin around somewhere else, my wardrobe is now half a dozen items better off. So I can recommend the personal shopper experience, whatever form it comes in - the gentle nudge into hitherto unfamiliar territory was very much appreciated.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_