Wednesday, April 19, 2006

D Minus Seven

Last night I went to see the wholesome rock n roll experience that is Hayseed Dixie. To varying degrees I enjoy most of the bands and songs they've covered in their unmistakeable way, but I have to say just how much fun it was - they may be accused of being a band with only one trick but if so it's a trick they do remarkably well and with a great deal of spirit. And from a slightly longer perspective, this is something I have been threatening to do for a little while and this is where the countdown starts. Ok, there are one or two anomalies, both in terms of what is and isn't included and exactly where it starts, but to all intents and purposes last night was my 493rd gig. At some point very early on I realised that I couldn't remember exactly who I'd seen where and when, and I pieced together a list that I've found it easy to continue over the years. It's safe to say I'm glad I started the list when I did. Now, how's your head for statistics?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_