Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rock Around The Clock

Well, I feel pretty good considering. Being at my desk means I'm just about getting over the disorienting what-time-is-it-where-am-I? feeling, the sun's out (sort of) and everything's good.

Sunday night was a very late night, for frustrating technological reasons, monday was an earlier start than normal so I could drive to work and then drive away in the afternoon. I spent some of the afternoon on a train, heading off to watch a half-hour live acoustic set in a branch of a major high street music retailer.

There's always something special about the day a new album comes out, whether or not it's the first chance to hear new songs as intended rather than as scratchy live versions, and though I've already been listening to the new album for a couple of weeks it's still a pleasure to see it finally turn up on the shelves of what old-fashioned stick-in-the-muds like me can't help calling 'record shops'.

So, a 5pm performance saw us queued up outside HMV like we were waiting for the Beatles, and after some time catching up* with mates of mine who I rarely see from one tour to the next, I was on a train out of New Street station by 7pm and home for 9.30 - not the sort of time I would normally get home from gigs in the Midlands!

* and arranging who's going where on the forthcoming tour, natch!

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_