Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I Predict a Diet

Or something vaguely like that - let's not get carried away!

Over a couple of days last week when I wasn't at work and was more or less confined to the house, I found myself on the scales and slightly surprised by how much of me there was. It's easy to put it down to not leaving the house for 36 hours, and eating out of boredom, but I had also been feeling not like eating much.

In the meantime, I think I've worked out roughly where the problem is; I don't really enjoy what I eat, I mean, sure I love eating and my capacity is huge, but it's rare that I take much time or care over eating. It's a function rather than a pleasure.

This isn't helped by spending so much time driving around, going to see bands or watch football matches - it can be difficult to make the time to prepare an organic butternut squash quiche served on a bed of four kinds of lettuce with a macrobiotic radish and onion dressing, and even more difficult to eat off the passenger seat of my car while I'm driving. The convenience of ready bagged crisps and chocolate confectionary items is hard to beat, I'm just lucky the same applies to fruit or I'd otherwise eat nothing but over-processed rubbish.

So, the salad and veg drawer in my fridge is now a bit fuller, and making the effort to make cheese and salad rolls for lunch instead of buying so many pasties and replacing doughnuts and muffins with bagels and trying to up my water intake is a good place to start...


Comments:
There didn't seem to be too much of you when we met last year, but, if you have decided to shed a few pounds, it's good you've started on it before it becomes a major problem.

Wish I'd done something as sensible a lot of weight ago.

Good luck!
 
Thanks - it's less of a size and shape issue and more a quality of fuelling issue, to be fair.

I'm not about to get carried away, and it may just be a reaction of looking for something I can do actively while I'm waiting for this cold to clear up in a slightly less under deliberate control manner.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_