Thursday, January 19, 2006

Picture This

Someone asked me about some of the pictures I've been putting on flickr of late, and there's no space there to comment in depth.

At the moment I'm about halfway through my collection of prints, and it's nice to be reminded of a whole heap of stuff I'd either forgotten or which didn't really register with me at the time. So what I'm doing is scanning all the interesting landscape, scenery, skies and similar stuff and loading it up as and when I get the time.

This has a couple of benefits, not least that I'm still inching ever closer to the promised purchase of a digital camera, but also that I'm reminded of the better results I've had in the past, and feeling inspired to get out and take a few more pictures just for the fun of it.

Last night I went to sleep thinking about footbridges or other handy locations for some more light trail pictures - although I have a fairly documentary tendency, the results of the longer exposures are largely unpredictable in a way that straight portraits aren't and if you get the right location, it still takes a bit of patience and a bit of luck and even then you can't quite control the image that you end up with.

Now, where did I put my tripod?

* Evening update: tripod and I spent over an hour beside and above the dual carriageway, and despite the amounts of yellow light spilling out of the street lamps, I'm hopeful for something in the way of reasonable results. Time will tell.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_