Thursday, January 12, 2006

Gift With Purchase

I was getting some things from the reduced price xmas gift sale of a major high street retailer this lunchtime, not all of which was for me. I've commented before on the is-that-for-you-then-you-freak? look phenomenon with which I sometimes get served, and how it doesn't appear to be age-specific, purchased-item-specific or anything other than simple a matter of which individual's till I end up at. It doesn't really bother me, and I'm used to it now. But I imagine that where blokes may have been buying make up gift items three weeks ago, there probably aren't quite as many taking advantage of 75% price reductions now the shops are trying to shift the stock. And so it would seem that the distraction of that phenomenon contributed to something not being scanned, and therefore being free. Of course I only realised I had paid a little less than the bill I had calculated as I was leaving the shop and had a brief realisation moment of hoping the unscanned item was not still security-tagged and about to set the alarms off, but I wasn't about to go all the way back to the other end of the shop and demand they take another couple of quid off me. Probably the major distraction factor was not so much in the gift boxes, but in that I also picked up a reduced price individual item on impulse. Which is how experiments in plum mascara now await me. And if it turns out to not to be especially suitable for me, at least I'll have the knowledge that just for once the oddness factor of me shopping turned out marginally in my favour.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_