Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Family Ties

Now this feels mighty weird, and very much against my normal judgement. They've been dead the better part of thirty years betwen the pair of them but this is (almost) all I have of my grandparents. My guess is my grandfather is mid-50s in this, and I haven't even the foggiest notion about the where and the when of the other picture. Enough already. * On further reflection, the wierdness factor is probably the way that this is all part of something that's no more part of my daily life than the historical fact that there was a bit of a fight in 1066, or that some people got on a boat in 1492. And yet at the same time, in one of these pictures I see something of my own inescapable future, no matter how much moisturiser I bury myself under.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_