Monday, December 12, 2005

Step Back In Time

There are very few bands still going from when I first started buying records and going to see live music, and this is an example of one that's had a few line up changes over the years, but last night saw me revisiting my youth in a remarkably noticeable way. Doing albums in their entirety seems to be an ongoing theme - this was the third such show I've seen this year, but the only one where the album in question is one I know especially well. In fact I'd probably put Magnum's On A Storyteller's Night in my top ten of albums most listened to, and it definitely says something when an album first released in 1985 is held up as someone's career highlight. It's more a coincidence of timing than a special relevance of the material that it all takes me back to the first time I saw them, and a point in my life that now looks like a significant departure into something. The performance is pretty much what you'd expect if you know the band to any degree, and to a certain extent it's incidental - we're none of us any younger and as a reminder of where I've come from it's hard to beat. < there used to be a picture of Bob Catley and a young Chesney Hawkes lookalike here, and now there isn't >

Labels: , ,


Comments:
So, you've explained who the short bloke is, but why do you have a picture of him with Chesney Hawkes?

I'm going to get killed, aren't I?
 
It would take a lot more than that to get you killed. And, er, young Chesney just happened to be passing at the same time, honest.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_