Sunday, November 20, 2005

Mirror, Mirror

Someone's described me as being 'blog-active' and having a strong 'blog drive' which got me thinking about what the difference is between this and the many other places I'm to be found talking about stuff on the net. I'm a natural archivist, a record-keeper, a diary-maker, all those things come easily to me. A long time ago I realised that the discipline of articulating thoughts onto paper or in this case cyber-paper is a healthy way of working things out of my system instead of leaving them to fester. The best I can say is that it's not a bad reflection of how I get on with people in general - in other places where conversation is subject led, whether it's cycling, or music in general, or individual bands in particular, or football, or anything else, everything's usually pretty straightforward. But I'm not so good in a group or in wider general conversation, and it usually takes me some time to feel comfortable enough with people to join in, so I suppose this is my chance to speak up on my own terms; at any time, I'm happy to answer a question if I possibly can, but I guess I'm less happy assuming people are interested in the first place, or unable to tell when they are. Which can make me seem stand-offish, and hard to get close to, and that's often a self-reinforcing barrier. So this is just me at my most open and honest, talking about anything and everything, whatever I'm up to and whatever's on my mind, including the hair and make up stuff that I may be not quite so keen to discuss with everyone I know. But everyone who finds their way here is welcome, and in return for your visiting the least I can do is say that any question is fair game - thanks for your time.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_