Monday, November 28, 2005

Hair Dos, Don'ts And Undecideds

Here's a couple of views showing two variants of the same thing - my attempts to see what help I can give my natural hair. In the first, you can see my unwashed hair, and in the second you can see it freshly washed and blow-dried. There's a pretty clear difference in how well the colour matching of the synthetic hair works, depending on the state of my own. It's the same synthetic shade in both cases, and I think that in the second it's not a bad match at all. To be honest, this whole thing is something I find quite difficult even owning up to, never mind discussing, which is why the link to here has conveniently disappeared from my poster-profile somewhere else for a day or two. I'm under no illusions about the natural inevitability that my hairline faces, and for the most part it doesn't bother me, but when I'm spending this much time and effort on my hair and I'm still not satisfied, it's time for some serious thinking. Not because I'm desperate to have the best hair in the world, but because I really don't want to have rubbish hair. And I'm no longer convinced that my hair on its own is enough to go with a dress or skirt outfit in a way that I'm happy with.
Comments:
I think that hats would suit you. I know it is not an ideal solution if you feel you have a hair problem (although I think your hair looks good), but it would add an extra something sometimes.
 
Thanks yumyum, that's an interesting idea, and part of the beauty of this sort of conversation that I can consider other things than what naturally comes to mind.

A couple of months of taking pictures of myself has left me fairly clear on what I feel the reality is - and whatever self-deception comes out of my make up collection, I've always been a fan of the truth.

But I'm currently scanning any group of people I pass for centre partings and trying to be more objective about my own hairline. I do like my hair, and an extra something is a good way to look at this.

Now, hats. I do have one like this but with a slightly wider brim that I got last year. Another thing to take pictures of then :-)
 
Yes, I like that hat. In fact I like most hats although I no longer seem to wear any.

I wish I could be brave and face up to truthful photos. When I was younger I seemed unable to pass a photo booth without popping in. Now any sign of cameras sends me running for cover.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_