Saturday, November 05, 2005

Full Moon, Half Moon, Total Eclipse

Ok, so I'm biased. But Ange Dolittle remains one of the greatest frontmen you've never heard of, and I wish he hadn't got lured into the real job trap and would do a few more gigs, but that's just being selfish. Nevertheless, he's a) a great bloke and b) a tremendous singer. It's not the greatest show I've seen Dolittle (the four piece band - vocals, bass, acoustic guitar and drum machine) do, but it's always a pleasure.

Miles Hunt is an inveterate gobshite, and on this occasion the one we'd paid to see. I've concluded it's the price you pay for The Wonder Stuff currently being a going concern that shows like this bring out the sort of braindead folks who should have their tongues removed at birth.

So Miles talks a lot, tells a lot of stories, and minute for minute the song/story mix is pretty close to 50:50 - great to hear background information which gives newer songs another dimension as you get to know them, and to have gaps filled in behind songs you've lived with for years. there was more newer stuff than I'd have predicted, so even for a 3am homecoming, it was great stuff.

Friday night, well, there was a gig I could have gone to, but I spent the money on a new bin for my kitchen and some flowers, and I've just put another bottle in the recycling. Nights off have to be squeezed in somewhere.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_