Wednesday, October 26, 2005

More Tales From The Road

This is getting stupid now. Last night I travelled some way to watch a guy play songs to precisely two dozen people in the basement bar of a little pub in the midlands. I first came across Mick Thomas several years ago, and I've somehow missed all possibility of getting to shows he's done in the UK since. On the back of that one show, I've since tracked down most of his back catalogue as part of Weddings Parties Anything, a band with a considerable fifteen year history of musical significance down under that sadly didn't make that much of a dent round this side of the planet, from what I can gather. Yeah, it was great, and I'm glad I went but something's telling me I'm not 23 any more and getting to bed at 2am yet again on a work night is just not sustainable, and sooner or later something will have to give. An early night beckons tonight, that's for sure. * further to my last post, I've just got round to listening in full to the show I mentioned, and I'm pleased to find the subject was touched upon as part of a conversation rather than wheeled out deliberately in order to make 'entertainment'. While I would have preferred the time to write more carefully, to get my email through in about a three minute window when they only quoted from two emails in what was describe as 'an avalanche of emails' on the subject, and to have my quote followed by 'so that's kinda fascinating, isn't it?' makes me feel I've made a tiny difference. And it's always good to be reminded that even when someone doesn't share an interest, they can still be perfectly accepting of it.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_