Monday, October 17, 2005

Hello Cleveland!

There's nothing unusual in a couple of consecutive nights of gigs as bands being on tour is a fairly seasonal thing, but at the moment there's a load of stuff has come together at once. Leaving me with the possibility of getting in seven straight nights of rock n roll, and there's only one night where I'm going to see something I wouldn't already have wanted to see anyway, just for the purpose of making the whole week. I've previously done eight nights in nine, but seven of those were the same band and that was only over two cities. But this time the combination of four cities and six different venues fitting around taking no time at all off work is a different game entirely. It's pretty easy to see how a band can get into the cycle where if this is thursday, you must be Swindon and everything blurs together rapidly enough that the hard living, late nights and travelling make for a complete assault on the senses, and rapidly take their toll. A couple of months ago someone in a band I'm going to see again soon asked me and my travelling companion how it was that we'd managed to fit five gigs in six days in three countries around the demands of a normal lifestyle, and we struggled to answer. It's certainly true there are things that could (but aren't currently expected to) happen that would make this sort of thing a whole lot more difficult - having a family would quickly have me reprioritising in a big way. And that may be as much answer as I have - that I'll keep trying to pack as much in as holidays from work and budgetary demands allow for as long as I can see no reason not to. Rock on!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_