Tuesday, September 06, 2005

They Have Though!

Just got in from a discussion evening that was billed as TRANNY TALK !!! – A space to talk and share experiences and ideas about gender beyond the male/female binary gender system we are squeezed into from birth. I spent the better part of three hours with a couple of dozen people, all of whom had their own different stories and something interesting to say on various subjects. Naturally, I said little and listened lots, and came away reminded that life is out there for the taking. I'm not about to dedicate my entire life exclusively to the advancement of the queer politics agenda any more than I'm about chop off a leg, but it is another step in getting to know unfamiliar parts of the world I live in a little better, and maybe letting it in a bit more.
Comments:
Wow. Excellent step to take. I'm impressed. Is this a regular event that you would go to again, and maybe speak more?
 
A one-off event as part of < mumbles incomprehensibly* > rather than anything regular, but all the same organised by somebody somewhere. Which means I'm now on yet another email list.

Nothing's guaranteed, and anything's possible - we'll see what happens.

* details to follow, maybe
 
Thank you.

No dustbins (flamenco or otherwise)were harmed or involved in the making of this post!

It was finding out the event was taking place the following day, not having long enough to think too hard about it, and knowing it was a one-off that made it a lot easier to just do it, to borrow a crude marketing slogan.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_