Saturday, September 10, 2005

They Have Though (*part two)

* details to follow, maybe - here they are Ok, take the tinted moisturiser, the liquid foundation compact, eyebrow pencil in blonde, eyeshadows in a natural skin tone, a very pale purple and a not quite slate grey. Add a sparkly pink blusher, brown/black mascara and a neutral but glossy lipstick. Put together with my lovely boots, my new skirt, my cream sleeveless top and my new sawn-off cardigan. Add a very big smile, and you get me right now. I've just been a very out kind of out and had a very nice time, even if I wasn't there very long for reasons that don't much matter right now. I'll come back what 'going out' actually is for me, but it's a very, very long time since I was out on a saturday night anywhere for anything other than live music, regardless of wardrobe choices. And right now I have a bottle of wine to deal with.
Comments:
Good stuff.

I trust you had a good time while you were out.
 
Thanks both.

For various practical and logistical reasons, it was never guaranteed I was going to make it,
and I'd struggle to describe it as a good time exactly. Maybe I'd compare it more to a dream job application where the feeling of wondering what might have been would have been a far bigger regret for not giving it a go than it being a highlight I'd been especially looking forward to.

The going was more important than the being there, but none the less special for that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_