Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Roll Up For The Magical History Tour

My journey yesterday evening was interrupted by the closure of a road which meant my normal route was drastically altered. Which is ok, I knew beforehand that was the case, and the detour I took enabled me to see a lovely buzzard which I would otherwise have missed.

Leaving out the extra time pressure of not knowing exactly where I'm going, driving is good relaxing thinking time and it occurred to me that next week sees the tenth anniversary of me having an address in this city. I've always been good at keeping track of what happened when, and it's a good sign that this just popped up rather than being something I'd been counting down to.

Realising quite how far ago that is, I felt suitably comfortable with a very minor diversion past where I once lived, my first school and a couple of other little places of note, and my journey home was made on a closer approximation of the route I used to use when I first started travelling up this way.

There's nothing wrong with knowing where you're from, and plenty of good in appreciating where you're at.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
_