Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I Live In This House Over Here, Have My World Outside It

It's that day of adding up what I've achieved this year, what I've learned and whether I am any wiser for the experience. And while there's a couple of things which happened this year I'd change without hesitation, I can only say that I really am pretty happy with my life.

I don't feel there's anything missing, and my parenthood ambitions have slunk back into the shadows for now while I've been busy getting on with living. The ghosts of the past know where they belong, and they are at my mercy, not me at theirs.

Over a couple of great trips I've achieved plenty more than I would have considered satisfactory before I left, and in that regard I feel I'm making the most of what is my peak condition. I'm not going to get any younger, and I don't have the discipline to get that much fitter, barring a complete personality transplant, so it doesn't get any better than this.

On the TV-specific, this has been a real breakthrough year that's probably worth summing up on its own. At some other point. My house increasingly looks like a home, though it's always felt like one, and I'm as settled and well adjusted (don't laugh!) as I've ever been. I feel blessed and very lucky - things could be a hell of a lot worse, and then some.

Happy birthday? Yes, it is, and having people to share my thoughts with makes a big difference in that, so thanks for being here - it wouldn't have been the same without you.


Comments:
Happy birthday! though according to my clock, it's not yet Wednesday.. Celtic time is obviously not yet synchronised.
 
Thank you both. Nice rainy start, but my cold appears to be finally lifting.

That's the thing about timing - I wanted to make sure it was displayed for the full twenty four hours, not least because I talk about more tricky things frequently enough.

Bad news travels on its own, but good news can sometimes use a bit more help.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
_